Consulting engagements, or potentially a permanent role, involving one or a combination of:
- Research & development;
- Technical community management;
- Enterprise open source strategy and governance;
- IT infrastructure architecture, strategy and solution design;
- Technical writing/journalism and blogging.
Leeds-Manchester corridor (UK) or home-based preferred, with some travel if required. Other areas considered.
- Co-founder and chief executive of a start-up developing collaboration tools for electronic design
- Over 15 years systems and networks infrastructure experience that spans build, solution design, architecture and strategy
- Developed an open source governance practice for a global telco and represented them at the Linux Foundation and European Legal Network
- Electronic engineering background and write on open source hardware for a publication with a print circulation of ~200,000 across Europe and Asia
- Founded the first group to host regular meetings with talks on open source hardware
- Co-founded one of the UK’s first hackerspaces, Electron Club, in 2006
- Linux and associated technologies
- Open source licensing and compliance
- IT infrastructure architecture and strategy
- Technology research and evaluation
- Product/service development
- Basic electronics including RF and embedded
- Business planning and writing funding applications
- Event production
For a full CV please see LinkedIn.
To contact e-mail: email@example.com.